Tuesday, November 2, 2010

In case you wondered...

Its just funny. Everything is so funny. Sometimes my life is like that bad dream everyone has. You know, the one where life is going great, and then all of a sudden you realize you've been walking around naked for 3 years? I'm the naked one.
You share, you live, you empathize. No, you REALLY empathize. Its not fake. But alas, you're an ass in the end.
This whole business operation thing is really a terrifying thing. At anytime, any day, any of my partners could decide they have had enough, and they they are done. And they could walk away with the wound of the loss of a couple thousand dollars. Must be nice.
Hmmm...what would I lose...
What i usually lose: my current life's work.
I know I'm working for nothing. I know. Can't you just accept it? Its the reason I don't call home. Its the same talk. Yes, I could make money doing "this" or "that". Yes, I need to get paid at my job. Yes, I could probably find a car loan.
Why is it so hard to accept that I'm not in whatever job I have for the money? Why??
I'm not trying to sound pious or humble. But seriously. Its not about the money. Leave me alone.
I am happy where i'm at. I have invested in this community, and I'm here for the long haul. Does it hurt at times? yes. Is it lonely? Yes, a LOT.
But seriously, if I moved to a high profile big bustling city where there lots of single men and job opportunities, what would I gain.
Work?
Worth from a man?
What?
Just so you know, all I ever hear from you when you throw "options" out there for me is that you don't want me around.
Quit trying to live vicariously through me. I did college. I did my "career". It didn't work.
If you wish you would have done it differently, then take it up with yourself.
I have my own pain. I don't need your insecurities to tack on to it.

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

Jenna, I LOVE that you have really become a part of a community where people actually know you and are involved in your life. And vice versa, for that matter.

I salute you. :)

jenna said...

Thank you, Kristyn. I appreciate that.