Saturday, February 27, 2010

who...?


I saw a picture of myself today that I wasn't expecting to see. It wasn't a bad picture; actually it was probably one of my better ones. And though it was only 6 months ago, the me in that picture is not the me I am now. So as I looked at myself, I had the thought, "i miss you", and "you don't even exist anymore".
It's a weird feeling to have.
In that picture there are parts of me that are now dead, or dying a slow, painful death. Its the curse of memory.
However, there are parts of me in that picture that were yet to exist, and that couldn't exist without the death of the parts I thought I loved. And honestly, I think I really did love those parts legitimately.
But now I'm someone different.
I guess basically what I'm saying is that I need to learn to appreciate myself now, just in case I die again. I don't want to end up missing myself again.